Students should expect to receive homework of up to an hour per night in Year 7 and this will rise as they progress through College. Homework will be a range of activities, from reading or research based tasks to more in depth questions to secure understanding. We also use a range of online homework services, such as Doddle and MyMaths, which will give students instant feedback on tasks they complete online.
Students are provided with a planner for the purpose of recording homework. In addition to this, homework will be recorded online using “My Child at School” (MCAS) so parents can view homework that has been set.
STUDENT HOMEWORK EXPECTATIONS
- Listen carefully when homework is being set and ENSURE that you write homework in your planner with the due date!
- Ask the class teacher if you are unsure!
- Complete homework at home.
- Or attend the Lunchtime Homework Clubs
PARENT HOMEWORK EXPECTATIONS
- Check your child’s planner daily.
- Check MCAS to see what homework has been set and the due date.
- Direct your child to the Lunchtime homework clubs held daily within College.